Dr Seuss Spirit Week March 2nd-March 6th (see attachment):
LPS students and staff will celebrate Dr. Seuss Week by having a different theme each day that centers around our teachers favorite Dr Seuss Books!
- Monday 3/2- Fox In Socks-Wear your crazy socks with your uniform
- Tuesday 3/2- Green Eggs and Ham- wear jeans and as much green as possible
- Wednesday 3/3- Wacky Wednesday- Wear your hair as crazy as possible (normal uniform attire)
- Thursday 3/4- Cat in the Hat- Wear your favorite hat to school (normal uniform attire)
- Friday 3/5- On the Places You’ll Go- Dress up as your favorite Dr Seuss character OR wear a college shirt or LPS shirt with jeans
NO SCHOOL: Spring Break; March 9-March 13
Learning Objectives for the week of 3/2:
Dr. Seuss Week
Shapes and Solids
Science- Students explore how living and nonliving
components in the environment help populations and communities survive.
Social Studies- Harriet Tubman and Mind Missions
Mon 3/2-Fri 3/6: Dr Seuss Spirit Week
3/2-3/6: Spirit Week – Nothing Bundt Cakes- 4th grade fund raiser
Mon 3/9- Fri 3/13: No School-Spring Break
Wednesday 3/17: 3rd grade Field Trip- Spark!
Friday 3/20: Class shirt and jeans day
Friday 3/27: Report Cards go home
Friday 4/3: Awards Ceremony
Have a great weekend!
~ The Third Grade Team
Degrees and Certifications:
Ms. Kelly Roth
Hi Leader Lions! My name is Kelly Roth. I graduated from Sam Houston State University with my bachelors in Elementary Education in 1992. I've taught various grades and subjects for 17 years in elementary school, including 6 years in third grade. I've also spent a few years teaching Language Arts in middle school.
I was born in South Texas, near Corpus Christi, and have also lived in the Houston area, Tennessee, Arkansas, and Jamaica. I moved to Frisco in 2001. I have three daughters. My two oldest are in college. My youngest starts high school this year!
When I'm not teaching, or spending time with my family, I like to play on the water. I love to swim, paddle board and kayak. I also love to travel and read!
Email is the best way to reach me, because I can check it periodically throughout the day. You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am looking forward to a great year!