Off-Campus Physical Education
The following is a list of basic requirements that has been established by the Texas Education Agency and LPS. These requirements must be met and maintained to be eligible for participation in the program.
- The purpose of the program is to accommodate students who are making a serious effort to develop high level capabilities and to allow them to be involved in an off campus program that provides elite-level training.
- Off-campus physical activity programs will be approved for only those students who have been strongly recommended by qualified instructors.
- No off-campus program will be allowed if located more than 15 miles from LPS.
- Only those students in grades 6 and above will be eligible for consideration for the off-campus program. No students in K-5 will be considered.
- Students applying for off-campus PE will be considered under two categories.
- CATEGORY ONE: These programs involve a minimum of 15 hours per week of highly intense, professionally supervised training. Students qualifying at this level may be dismissed from school one period per day for such participation.
- CATEGORY TWO: These programs are to be of high quality, well supervised by appropriately trained instructors, and consisting of a minimum of 10 hours per week. Students certified to participate at this level MAY NOT be dismissed from any part of the regular school day.
- The student must participate a minimum of four days during the week (Monday through Friday) plus an additional day that may fall on either the weekend or during the week. All such participation must always be under the direct supervision of the instructor.
Applications for off-campus PE may be obtained from the Principal’s office. They must be completed and approved within seven days of the start of a semester. A fee of $125 per semester will apply to cover administrative costs.