2021 Summer School Information
Leadership Prep School will be offering in-person summer school in Summer 2021 for students in grades 5-11 needing remediation or credit recovery.
Students in grades 5-8 who earned below 70% on their final average in more than one core class (English Language Arts, Math, Social Studies, and Science) will be eligible for summer school. Academic goals will be developed by a Grade Placement Committee to be tracked during summer school.
Students in grades 9-11 who earned below 70% on the final average in any of the following courses will be eligible for credit recovery during summer school.
- English I, English II, English III
- Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II
- World Geography, World History, US History
- Biology, Chemistry, Physics
LPS Summer School will be offered in-person at the LPS Secondary Campus with an LPS teacher. Remote options for summer school are not available.
Students are also able to take an approved summer school course at their local ISD to recover credit at their own cost OR complete a distance learning or correspondence course through an approved provider. Proof of credit recovery will need to be submitted to the LPS counseling office.
Cost: $50 per course. Fees will be collected through MySchoolBucks.
Dates & School Hours:
- Dates: June 7-July 1. Monday-Thursday in person learning. Fridays will be asynchronous.
- Students who failed 2 courses: 9:00am-11:00am
- Students who failed 3-4 courses: 9:00am-1:30pm (30 minutes provided for lunch. Students will need to bring a sack lunch)
- Summer I Session: June 7-July 1. Monday-Thursday in person learning. Fridays will be asynchronous.
- *Summer II Session: July 6-July 22. Monday-Thursday in person learning. Fridays will be asynchronous.
*Summer II is reserved for students needing credit recovery for more than 2 courses.
Students will work on one course for 3 hours each day. Students can earn a maximum of 4.0 credits by participating in Summer I and Summer II.
- *Morning Session: 8:00am-11:00am
- Afternoon Session: 11:30am-2:30pm. Students participating in the morning and afternoon sessions will need to bring a sack lunch.
*If a student only needs to complete one course, they will attend the morning session during Summer I.
Once end-of-year grades are finalized, families of students eligible for summer school will be notified. Students in grades 5-8 will have a Grade Placement Committee meeting scheduled.
Contact Karon Andrews at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on summer school registration.